Thursday, August 27, 2015

Illustration Friday: People

Lulu preferred the company of Gus and his merry band to people.


There is a wall that runs behind my house.  Critter Highway.  Squirrels, stray cats, and raccoons often saunter across the wall.  This summer, we watched three baby raccoons grow up on that wall.  It looked like they were orphaned, because there was never a mommy raccoon to be seen.  In the evenings, we'd see the three baby raccoons huddled together on the wall.  They were so cute.  And so sad looking.  I haven't seen them in a little while, but I hope they are okay.  I had to include them in a drawing so that I can imagine them happy and well.




10 comments:

Amalia K Aradea said...

You did amazingly as always, Bella. This is such a pretty picture, I wish I had lovely animal friends like her! (^__^)

Lola Azul said...

Beautiful!!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

HAAAAAAAAAA! I found the sheep hiding on your page!!!! YAY! They have been found!
Praise the Lord! I love this post.

Andrea said...

What fun! Pure joy and happiness for all of the critters!

Tammie Lee said...

oh my, such an adorable scene
thanks for sharing your racoon experience

i love seeing animals walking on walls or even power lines
amazing tightrope artists!

Tim said...

Your illustrations bring me much joy, and this one resonates with me even more so.

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Still laughing my butt off! You are sooooooo hilarious and amazing! LOVE IT! Every I come and visit.
TSUP!
and TSUP from Bo and her found sheep.
Love ya!
Oh Yeah,
I am not a robot

Ces Adorio said...

You are amazing indeed. I prefer the company of plants, maybe a couple of dogs.

Ces Adorio said...

How come I can't type more that one or two sentences at a time here? Did you set a limit for me?

Cindy D. said...

Critter highway! I would love to have one beside my house. Though, we do have an albino possum that makes an appearance now and again. Cannot decide if they are adorable or completely ugly. :)

Absolutely enchanting illustration. The bunnies! The raccoons! The whole shebang. ;)