Thursday, May 21, 2015

Illustration Friday: Pet


Herbert enjoys a day at the groomer's.




Speaking of groomers, someone's not going to be happy with the little trip we're taking tomorrow.  He looks a little suspicious.  Quick, pretend I didn't say anything.





King Cachilo tries to make his pet happy with shiny new baubles.

Did you hear about the little girl who receives gifts from crows in her backyard?  She feeds them and they, in turn, gift her with little shiny things.  True story!



Have a wonderful holiday weekend.  I shall have half a dozen squealing young girls here for a sleepover and a dog that spins endlessly in excitement.  But I'm prepared.  I have my headphones and hours of the Invisibilia podcast at the ready.  

10 comments:

Lola Azul said...

Lovely!!. Y always enjoy with your imagination and wonderful illustrations! Thanks!!

Andrea said...

I love your take on the crows. Will think happy thoughts of you and your recovery from all things sleepover!

Tammie Lee said...

oh, i bet you have a shinning pup now. i had my friends pup here last week, turned my sprinklers on and she disappeared for a while.... she loves water, on her terms only.

i have not heard of the girl who feeds the crows. I hear they are very loyal. if one is mean to a crow the story gets passed to the other crows and that person is never forgiven or forgotten.

your blue crows are wonderful and the piece invites me to step in deeper and consider what is going on. love that.

enjoyed the first one too, so clever of you.

wishing you a wonderful sleep over.

Linda Hensley said...

That girl must be really nice to the crows if they're giving her gifts like that. Nice take on "pet"!

Creations By Mit said...

Such great story telling in both images! Great haircut, Herbert! Hope the beautiful pup was happy with his, too! :D

Lisa M Griffin said...

Adorable... both the pup and the art. Thanks for sharing my talented friend! :)

Ces Adorio said...

Hello Merry Maker! How did your awesome puppy like his new haircut? I have read a funny commentary stating that "crows are smarter than many undergraduates, but not as smart as ravens." Hahahahaha! I have been viewing your sweet illustrationns everyday since you posted them, I was seek-stalking. Hahah! I love you. You are so awesome. Tsup!

martinealison said...

Bonsoir chère amie,

Une autre magnifique illustration et un toutou superbe qui plairait beaucoup à Sir Icarus mon dalmatien....

J'aimerais bien avoir de tels corbeaux dans mon jardin !

Gros bisous ☼

Amanda Dilworth said...

I love all your characters Bella, super cute, i wish i had your imagination!

Kaye said...

you're on fire!!
I haven't been here in a while and I'm catching up! It's a bit like 3 course desert!