Saturday, January 18, 2014

Illustration Friday: Beginning

Beginning Again

It's been months since I last drew, and I'm nervous.

I've always wanted to witness a lantern festival.  How gorgeous it must be.  I drew these children and made their clothes very plain, because I didn't want to detract from the lanterns themselves.  But now that I look at it...

Do they look like little prison children to you?

Quite coincidentally, my daughter and I were discussing lemmings this week and how they were driven off a cliff in the 1950s because it made for entertaining television.  If only they had lanterns, then they could have floated away, far out over the ocean and then...oh, that wouldn't have been great either.  Never mind.

Hello.  And happy new year.

4 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

They do not look like prison people. They look like cute little sleepwalkers or insomiacs causing a major disaster in the community when their parents find out they have been flying away to Hawaii with only a little hot air bag. I saw a Rapunzel movie on television and there was a similar scene, only there were no children attached to the balloons.

I love your little creatures' legs and feet. They are so cute and adorable. I want to nibble on their toes.

J said...

I love this. My best friend wanted to release these kind of lanterns at her funeral. They did a purple helium balloon release instead. Your illustration makes me think of her and her childlike spirit off on a new adventure into the clouds :)

aimee said...

Bella... I have missed seeing your drawings and I've been away from doodle land too! Welcome back!!

Amy C said...

how could you possibly be nervous to draw? everything you do is so lovely!