Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Very Special Day

The Fourth of July is just around the corner. It's a very special day for me, and not just because it's a holiday or the birth of our nation. It's the day Peter and I began dating, and as such, it had more meaning for both of us than even our wedding day. It was our beginning.

We met in college through a mutual friend. I was taking extra courses, and he was working on campus. A month after we started dating, he asked me to marry him, and I laughed. I didn't think he was serious, but he was.


You and me, under our tree where you carved our initials.

When Peter formally proposed, it was in a restaurant called Sign of the Dove in New York City. It's no longer there, and I don't remember much about the menu or what we ate. But I do remember how adorably agitated he became when the waiter interrupted just as he pulled the ring box from his pocket. And I remember the delicious loaf of olive bread that the waiter gave us as we left, as much an apology as a congratulatory offering.

Last year, after Peter's memorial service in midtown Manhattan, the girls and I lingered behind a few days in the city. It was the Fourth of July once again, and the first year that the grand Macy's fireworks show would be displayed over the Hudson River. I brought the girls up to the rooftop deck of our hotel where we could see a narrow patch of sky between the tall buildings. When the first firework boomed, hundreds of startled pigeons took flight into the sky. In the darkness, they looked like a flock of white doves, soaring and swerving overhead in graceful unison.

It was the sign of the dove.



Happy Anniversary to my love.

1,015 comments:

1 – 200 of 1015   Newer›   Newest»
nina seven said...

oh, bella, what a beautiful story and a lovely memory to hold on to.

niknik said...

Поздравляю! Красивая история!

Ces said...

Aaaaw, so, so beautiful. Everything about it. This is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing this darling, Bella. Now the fourth of July will mean even more special. May your skies never run out of doves.

Tsup! Tsup!!!

Caroline said...

Thank you for sharing your anniversary story with us Bella - brought a tear to my eye. The illustrations are just adorable.

Abz said...

Thats a beautiful story... your art captures something deep. I hope the memories will inspire you to create more beautiful work.

Captain Dumbass said...

Happy Anniversary.

Redheaded Stepchild said...

This is so beautiful, Bella. Both the story and the illustrations. What a beautiful way to remember your love.

Robyn said...

Oh Bella..... what a wonderful memory and love you have.

I hope you will live a long life filled with love.

Your illustrations are brilliant stories and food for the imagination.

be well
xxx robyn

Robyn said...

ooops i forgot to say Happy Anniversary! xx

Andrew Finnie said...

Hya Bella, well I just felt so much joy when I saw your images, then so sad when I read the story.

Happy anniversary from myself as well.

They are beautiful images.

Nicky Linzey said...

A beautiful story Bella ...

Lori ann said...

I feel like my comment won't do this post justice. It is so lovely and heartfelt, and I hope more beautiful than sad for you dear Bella.
Bless your hearts and Happy Anniversary on July fourth.
♥ lori

Patricia said...

Ai Bella, I have tears in my eyes.
Your pictures and story are touching me again.
Beautiful!!!
Tomorrow is the day my brother died, 8 years ago.
Also a day to share good memories.

Have a special day and more wonderful moments xoxo

Mónica said...

Adorable and beautiful story. Great moments in your life. Wonderful draws for remember this magical moments. Hugs and thanks for share with us.

Johanna Urban said...

Oh! Thank you for sharing the beautiful story!!! and I love the illustrations :) I love the details and the colors! The tree in the first one with the heart is perfect!!! You are amazing!!

Thank you for the lovley comment on my last illustration :), made me glad :D

and once again, you are amazing!!!

Johanna, Sweden
ART, http://johannaurban.blogspot.com/

encaracolada said...

Thanks for sharing this precious memory with us. That pigeons´ flight look like a sign of your husband. Big hug from here

Faruffa said...

Thats a beautiful love story so exquisitely illustrated!
I also met my husband at the university and I lost him very soon ... I can see us in your sweet illustration :o)

rachel awes said...

bella, sweetest heart,
dove sister...
i have to share w/you that when my husband proposed to me, he told me a story about a little boy & girl who grew up in separate towns & how a dove flew over these towns & watched over them & then they met as adults....
so your dove story & art doubly reaches me, for both our stories & for your dove art that is breathtaking & completely inspired.
both of your drawings here are heart-enfolded precious beauties.
as for your both special anniversary mtg. july 4th date & your loss, i send you a huge ying/yang hug that encompasses both. (i've never sent one of those before!). xoxox

cindy said...

thank you for sharing the beginnings of your love story with us. i enjoyed learning more about you two, but sorry it has to be after suffering such a loss. your illustrations are wonderful, as always. i'll look at pigeons a little bit differently from now on. xo, c

Kathi said...

Such a sweet story Bella. Thank you for sharing your beautiful memories...

Jack Foster said...

Bella, What a beautiful, touching story. The illustrations are so perfect. They really brought me right into your heart. My thoughts and prayers will be with you during this 4th of July weekend. The restaurant may be gone... but the memory of such a wonderful love, lives in the "sign of the doves'.

Barbara said...

This was such a touching post, Bella. What memories you have to cherish! Happy Anniversary, my dear friend, and a Happy Fourth too!

yoborobo said...

Bella, thank you for sharing this with us. I smiled when you said Peter got agitated at the waiter, I could almost see him! :) There is little I can say about losing someone so very dear. I will just send you hugs and love and strength. xox! Pam

Arija said...

Your shared love sines like a star. Hang on to the tail of that luminous comet. Few people have something so rare.
My full heart goes out to you.

Ps. the Prof's name is Peter too.

justdoodleit said...

Exquisitely beautiful! Fond memories are like homing pigeons...always returning and enchanting.

Dusik said...

oh my gosh! Bella, this story is as beautiful, as touching and sad. coincidentally, when i was reading it, this music was playing on my computer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSCPAbKpO4

(this music is one of my favorite composers from one of my favorite movies)

i really think that people live as long as the memories of them are alive.

i loved the story of the proposal :) he knew! he knew right away you were meant to be together :)

and i am sure you guys enjoyed that olive bread! it is my favorite bread of all times.

love and kisses
dusik

RockerJewlz said...

So wonderfully sweet and touching. And how wonderful to have a sign like those "doves".

T.L. Holmes said...

My eyes, too, well with tears. A memory shared so simply and so full of love...Happy 4th of July weekend to you!!

Deborah said...

Oh Bella, I have no words...just love. ♥♥♥ BIG love for you, tears and prayers. **blows kisses** Deb

kj said...

bella, who could not feel both loss and joy at the love and tenderness you show here through your words and pencil?

i wish you and your girls a fourth of july that reflects all that love. happy anniversary. your illustrations are incredible, bella, and do you know how much your courage and optimism inspire? thank you.
love
kj

HeatherU said...

Lovely memory and lovely drawings. I love how you pay attention to detail, namely the sliver of bike peeking out from behind the tree :)

C.P.Adorio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
C.P.Adorio said...

Sorry I deleted. I had to correct a typo.

Hello, darling Bella. I hope you are having a wonderful time. I have da Internet in da waiting room. Look! My name changed. Tsup! Tsup!!!

Everything affects me today as they did last night. Incredible post. As lovely as you.

laughingwolf said...

what a fantastic tribute.... and seeing the meeting as more important than the wedding itself, wow! it truly was the beginning... a wonderful concept!

blessings to you and the girls this special weekend, my friend :D

esque said...

Sweet story with beautiful art work to accompany it. May doves fly forever.

Shirley said...

I'm in tears reading this..oh, Bella, such love from your words and your amazing illustrations. I know he feels your love each day. It is such an honor to read of your love story and all of the details of your proposal night. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Congratulations to you both. Happy 4th of July, sweet friend! And big booming (but not too scary) fireworks for your little ones and you!

Amalia K said...

Your ability to open up is an inspiration, my dearest Bells. Every great love story has even greater memories to hold on to. Your art and words are always such a soothing delight to the heart.

I will leave these memorable forget-me-nots for you. And of course, a big warm hug too. (HUGS) oxx

C.P.Adorio said...

I just want to tell you that I feel so honored to read this. I also feel blessed having seen a glimpse of your love for each other. I do agree about the beginning being more special than the wedding.Oh Bella, knowing you has made me richer and happier. You are truly special.I cannot believe how blessed and lucky I am to call you my dearest most beloved sisterfriends. I love you so very much.

In the meantime, we are slowly driving home beneath these pluvial skies.I know the sun is shining above the gray clouds.

Tsup.

Shirley said...

PS...great that you watched Alice! It was SO surreal and so full of visual spectacles. Is that correct english? Is my english correct? Oh my...I've got a bit of a turnip brain today...gotta start working on the birthday decorations..so take care and have a splendid weekend! : )

Marie S said...

It was like Peter was waving and blowing kisses to you and the girls on that roof top.
It is wonderful to know that he is still with you and the girls.
I bet it took your breath away. It took mine away!
Thank you for sharing your heartfelt moment!
It is beautiful.
It helps me keep going, Bella!

linda cardina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
May said...

That's so awesome! Congratulations! The 4th is also me and my fiance's anniversary :) It's a good time for love!

linda cardina said...

oh bella, i just wish i knew what to say. this is so beautiful and now i will think of u and peter each time i see fireworks and doves.

this story, your illustration and most of all, YOU amaze me.

love u bella,
linda

Draffin Bears said...

Dear sweet Bella,

What a beautiful illustrations and a heartfelt story you shared.
You are very special and loved by so many ~ thank you.
I wish you and the girls a lovely 4th of July, may you have a special day.

Sending my love & hugs
Carolyn

caren said...

Such a wonderful story....and beautiful memories for you. I'm crying now! Of course the drawings are precious. Happy 4th of July.

C.P.Adorio said...

I see you dyed your hair red?

Inner Toddler said...

sweet bella. i'm so glad you shared your love story with us. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. xox

theartofpuro said...

Bella what a beautiful story and wonderful memory!Your art reflects perfectly your mood:)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

OH Bella,
Peter is just smiling and blushing I know it! Oh my goodness how romantic and sweet! Oh this is deliciousness and it's driving me insane with romantic thoughts. How awesome was this wonderful man and the two of you a force to be reckon with! This has touched my heart in so many ways Bella! That you would have this special moments with your beautiful and magnificent illustrations and poetic words is soooooo overwhelming. This post will forever stayed etched in my heart and memory. Thanks for sharing this very fine moment! Happy dovey 4th of July my love. A thousand doves for You and Peter!

messyfish said...

I was waiting at the checkout and was reading your post. A tear formed and the woman on the checkout noticed. She was very kind after that. Wow Bella your art is beautiful. Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourself here. I am sure it makes us all feel so alive...

k.h.whitaker said...

Bella dear I read this three times with tears in my eyes. So beautiful and sad. My husband and I had only been dating for two weeks when he told me he wanted to marry me. I didn't think he really meant it either, but we got married a few months later and have been for 25 years. Happy Anniversary sweet Bella, I know it will be bittersweet, but I hope you will enjoy it with your girls.

aimee said...

your illustrated memories are more powerful than any photograph could be - what a gifted storyteller you are. thanks for sharing this beautiful part of your life with us.

p.s. isn't it funny how you remember the waiter's interruption so well? i always remember stories better when something deviates from the plan.

laughingwolf said...

happy 4th, to one and all! :)

Ann Pilicer said...

Bella,
Thank you for sharing such a beautiful loving memory. Hugs

Tammie said...

thank you for sharing your lovely story. i can only smile about the waiters bad timing, as well as you laughing the first time he spoke of marriage to you. amazing how we do not always know what someone is thinking. your art holds the charm and love and celebration. wonderful and full of beauty.

yoon see said...

It's indeed a very special day for you Bella. The moment I see the top illustration to the bottom one...and reading your inner most memorable sharing,that your happiest & sweetest moment of all.

Blessing be upon your and your family. The doves scene reminds me of peace and wonderous. May your day filled with happiness as always.


Thank you for writing to me when I was so not happy. Thank you to be a friend around. I know you are loveale. Reason so many love you because you are so good and friendly!

SonatasWelt said...

Dear Bella, thank you for sharing your beautiful love story. Your illustrations are amazing.
Thank you also for your warm-hearted and special words, which you are leaving on my blog. You make me happy.
I am sending you my love and hugs.
Sonata

shelly said...

oh bella, that is beautiful - i am happy that peter sent you a sign and that you recognized it as such ... your pictures brought tears to my eyes ... i would love to hear and see more of your love story.

AtelierBrigitte said...

I don't know what to say, after such a touching story about love. Thanks for sharing and I hope you will hold on to beautiful memories. The illustrations are so wonderful.

Ces said...

Good morning, sweetest! I am going to make you my final stop today! I hope you are recuperating and replenishing your energy pool. Thank you for pushing me and my brushes. I needed that very much. I am quite satisfied with the outcome of my dish. Have a most magnificent day!

Ces said...

HAHAHAHAHA! Oh there it is. It was there and then gone and now it's back. Hehehe!

Oh my sweet beloved sisterfriend, Bella Sinclair. How happy am I to see your name in my blog and in my Inbox. Ding! Ding! It notifies me and I could not go to it right away because I was cooking a dish like a short order cook for one hungry teenager and a restaurant entree for his dad. When I finally got to it, a big smile broke out on my face and I thought "everything is alright with the world. Bella Sinclair was here"

Tsup!
Tsup!
Tsup!

Andrea said...

You word everything so beautifully - I felt every moment.

serendipity said...

I am so moved..
may courage and hope be your constant companions
and peace be on your soul

Manon Doyle said...

Awe.... that made me cry, Bella! You have beautiful memories for yourself and to share with your girls. Thank you for sharing.
xoxo

Joy Steuerwald said...

Bella, I can't stop crying... Your story and your memories are so beautifully represented by your illustrations. What sweet times you've shared.

anil ks said...

..so sweet memories and lovely illos..thanks for sharing bella..happy 4th of july ..

MerryDay said...

I'm glad I happen to stop by and read this sweet story :-)

Love your illustration style.

peggyfussell said...

What a lovely way to hold onto a sweet memory. Thank you for sharing it.

BT said...

What a wonderful tale Bella. How romantic your Peter must have been and now I have a lump in my throat along with the others. How delightful to watch the fireworks and see your own special doves take off. ~hugs~ for a very special lady and her daughters.

Silke said...

Oh, Bella, what a beautiful story of your beginning love and engagement. And so meaningful to see that flock of white doves on the fourth of July! I'm smiling, but with a lump in my throat. Much love, Silke

Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

I am crying in a coffee shop. Crap. I love that you see signs from beyond the veil, that you are dedicating the summer to giggling with your girls, that you're showing us and them not only what it's like to survive but thrive in the face of grief. Love to you, sweet Bella.

Karin Bartimole said...

This is such a beautiful post Bella. I love how you've held and shared your memory and the story of your love. My heart is with you, taking in the fullness of life.

And yes, summer's fullness and blogging are hard to balance!! enjoy it all, and we'll see you on the flip side :)

xoxox K

Arija said...

Bella dearest, you are one of a very rare breed, like both my children, you too love the school holidays and having your children at home for long days of fun together. At my daughter's it was always difficult to cross the kitchen/living space for fear of treading on tubes of paint or paintings, getting entangled in their design and sewing ventures, tripping over a large assortment of musical instruments or any number of cats. The beach, although 140km away, was the perennial summer favourite also for the dog...

I hope you all enjoy a wonderful summer. It is 4 o'clock in the morning and I was thinking of you and lo, when I checked, you DID have a new post up.

XOx....Arija

Heather said...

wow, this brought me too tears...what a beautiful post...and tribute - I hope you enjoy the summer with your kids...and memories!
xxoo
Heather

Deborah said...

Yes yes it IS all about the kids...before you know it, 8000 days will have passed and you will wonder how you got there so fast. Enjoy!
**blows kisses** Deb

Peter Breese said...

A beautiful story and a terrible hardship, you're always in my thoughts dear Bella. Enjoy the summer, the tea parties, and the fun... you're absolutely right, it is about the kids. Of course, it's good for it to be about you every now and then ;). Be well.

Krista said...

Oh, dear Bella, how incredibly magnificent! To love and be loved, to remember and be remembered! I think Peter must be so proud, poking the other angels and saying, "Those are my girls!"

A blessedly sweet summer to all of you!

Cheryl Lynn said...

You are one of the most amazing women I know. I am proud to call you my friend and cannot wait for us to meet in person. I adore you and your precious family and I am honored whenever we communicate through our blogs.

I love you and may God richly bless you and yours.

Andrew Finnie said...

Bella, have a great Summer. That last pic you posted of the two girls on the beach is just wonderful. You now what to leave in - and what to leave out.

laughingwolf said...

enjoy your time with your babies... too soon they'll be young no more

revel in these times, they are gifts from above! :x

Jos said...

Oh I love coming here Bella. Even with the sadness of your comments and memories, there is something so uplifting about the illustrations that go along with this post. xx Jos

Ces said...

Comment disabled for what seems like eternity. Now who am I going to spam everyday? Who am I going to visit? I am having withdrawal symptoms...
I am hyperventilating,
I am having anxiety attack,
I am perspiring,
I am making inappropriate onomatopoeia sounds to the irritation of The Viking,
I am staring at the screen,
I am eating nothing but peach ice cream,
I am short of breath,
I am having exhausting dreams,
I am running out of clean clothes,
I amsitting here thinking of signs and symptoms of Bella Sinclair withdrawal,
I feel hot...
Oh I am having hot flashes and hot flushes...
What is the difference? I have no idea, I just feel hot.
Oh! I am drinking hot coffee, would that be the reason?
I love you Bella Sinclair.
I will miss you.
I ran out of things to say.
Maybe I should get ready for work...
HAHAHAHAHHAHA!
TSUP! TSUP!!!

Amalia K said...

Bella, I knew you had come by the minute I saw that sparkling rainbow above my header... You really are like the wind, shwoosing in even if you said you were going to stay away!

Well, I do thank you. Thank yoouuuu!! I've missed you, so stay like the wind and I will leave the door open for you. (^-^) oxox

Amalia K said...

But of course you can have all the bottles of sunshine and twilight dust you need!! Here, take a few...no, take the whole boxes! The elves just delivered them yesterday, but I'll send away the pigeon to order more!! (HUGGGSSSSS)

Amalia K said...

Hahaha... I'll take a note of that.."no standing behind Bella". Well, I could always stand beside you, can't I?

Now, you'd better use them wisely, though. We don't want to exhaust you with too much sunshine during an already busy summer and Lord knows what could happen with too much Twilight Dust at night!! Hahaha...

Shirley said...

Oh Bella! Have a LOVELY summer with your little ones. I totally hear you - enjoy every minute - even the stinky ones. : ) I am going to try to do as much of it as possible, too...enjoy the girls, the warm summer nights, the delicious fruits and lazy mornings. I will miss your completely delightful, guaranteed-smile-making, brilliant gems of art (and posts!), but it is great to know you are having the summer you want! Awesome!
Here's to sunny days, I shall raise a glass of sangria (or some other cool beverage) to you. Take care!

Shirley said...

PS - Hi to Ces! I will miss you BOTH!! Have a wonderful summer ladies!!

Draffin Bears said...

Dear Bella,

I hope that you and the girls have a wonderful summer, full of sunshine and laughter.
Take care dear friend.

Hugs
Carolyn

Valerie Lorimer said...

This is such a beautiful story, Bella. Your illustrations are so lovely also. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Andrew Finnie said...

Hullo Bella

Thank you for all t he kind comments on my blog.

You are very funny!!!! (and observant)

Tatskool said...

What a lovely way to remember life.

justdoodleit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
justdoodleit said...

Thank you for all the warm and funny comments. Wishing you and the kids - fun, laughter and surplus sunshine this summer :D

Ces said...

Isn't it time for you to return? This is going to be a long summer.

Ces said...

You mean Chou En Lai?

Megan Coyle said...

This is so beautiful. Happy Anniversary and I hope your fourth of July was a lovely one.

tera said...

I have been absent, and totally understand your most recent post about summer, art and blogging (I'm so in the middle of that, now!) But I stopped by to check in and just read this. Thanks for sharing your lovely sweet story.

I hope that, in spite of a busy summer, you have also many moments of peace and happiness.

Have a great summer and I'll "see" you around!

FONT LOVER said...

super cute ^^!

Wayne Chisnall said...

You have a fantastic illustration style. I love it!

Eric Barclay said...

Big hugs. Have a lovely rest of summer.

Amalia K said...

Newsflash!! A new product has just arrived!! FEATHERS OF DOVES!! one tickle, and you're off floating among the fluffy clouds... One word of caution, though. Never use during full moon, or you'll never find your feet on the ground, ever again...

(*o*) ...!!!!!!!!!!! oxox

Shannon said...

Dearest Bella,
You are one special woman. Thank you for sharing this very special part of you. Enjoy your summer break from blogging - being fully present with our children is the greatest gift in the world. xoxo

pumkyn said...

how beautiful and sad.

Angela Matteson said...

What a beautiful heartfelt piece!

Enjoy some of the wonderful summer for me too. I've been missing way too much of it this year.

Shirley said...

Oh Bella! Fifty 3ft. long sparklers?!!! WOW! What a celebration and so much fun..I can't imagine how awesome those were. Thank you so much for your visits - they made my day! I'm sorry you lost your second time machine..I think it's the cloud in the sky for my backup situation too...thank you for the link recently. We are at 98 degrees today - so swimming is in the works. Hope you are enjoying your week, my friend! Always wonderful of you to stop by...xoxoxo hugs to you!

Ces said...

Hello darling, Bella. This is my daily greeting. Have a wonderful day.

Janine said...

Oh this is wonderful.
You must have been so happy, this drwing of you and your love underneath the tree is so absolutly heartwarming and precious, just like you.

Ces said...

What is a "soeursmie"?????

Ces said...

Haaay! Tam-an guid kakapoy sa akon. Masyado ka init dire. Bag-o lang ako nag abot sa doctor.

Amalia K said...

Special delivery, madam! A box of Feathers of Doves... Remember,use them before full moon, ok? :D
(hugs)

Ces said...

Hello! Gooooooooood Morniiiiiiing!!!

Ooop, sorry. I shall whisper.

Just saying hello while waiting to get poked. I have been NPO since midnight. There is a full pot of coffee in front of me and I cannot have any until after 11:00. This is torture. So I will see if I can increase your comment meter to 200! HAHAHA! Just kidding. okay, I won't spam you. I will just say hello. TSUP! TSUP!!!

Ces said...

Ooooh you are soooo mean! I have a full cup of coffee ready for me to drink as soon as that poker sucks the first tube of blood. I almost forgot and took a sip and had to spit it out. Oooh, doughnuts. The laboratory is near Whole Foods and a Kroger. Dang I am so hungry!!! And 3obert is talking about watermelon and enchiladas.... :(

Ces said...

Chomp, chomp, chomp... Yum!

Kathiesbirds said...

I just stopped by and I'm glad I did. What a sweet post and doodle! My husband and I also got married after dating for just a month and we had doves on top of our wedding cake! How nice that you have such happy memories. Have a fun and relaxing summer!

Ces said...

This is my daily greeting which I forgot to do yesterday. Have a lovely day. SUNBLOCK!!! TSUP!

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Dear Bella
I am so sorry that I miss so many good postes of Ilustrations of yours.
You can start publish them in a book, they are many good cute, artistic illustration you created here!
I wish you and the girl have a great Summer time together.
Cheers,
May

Gina said...

That is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen/read. How touching.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

Love endures and gives joy to you and your family...See you Celebrating life together warms my heart

Ces said...

I cannot believe I missed leaving my footprint or would that be fingerprints? here yesterday. So before I forget - GOOD MORNING!!! Have a lovely an fun day. TSUP! TSUP!!!

Ces said...

What great timing!
I see you are rhyming!
It was one nineteen,
The last time I was seen,
In your lovely blog,
Where your art leaves me agog!
And now this makes one twenty.
And I am full of glee!

Ces said...

One twenty one!
Hello there, hon!
Have a lovely day,
May the skies be gay,
As you go your way,
Once more to play.

Ces said...

One twenty two,
I love you!

Ces said...

My early rhyming may enduce
Erector pili being diffused.
However, One twenty three.
To comment, I am free
Today is Sunday
The day before Monday
But you already know that
But what you do not not know as fact
Is that I love you, my sisterfriend
To the very end.

Amalia K said...

Gosh, are you lost in space??? Need a life line? Or maybe just another bag of twilight dust? Hehehee... You are awfully quiet, and Ces is balancing her life... You guys are no fun! Come out, come out and play!! :D :D :D

Ces said...

I am going to leave a comment here until the count reaches 300 or I croak, whichever comes first.

Croak
Croak
Said the toad
Three hundred
Said the kindred
Spirits who roam
In the gloam
We will help you achieve
If you believe
But don't be decieve
If might not be easy
To press little buttons since you are not on your pee-c.

Ces said...

Oy that was bad
Sad!

Ces said...

Oh yeah? Well, I don't have any at all! I'll leave you with that image.

Ces said...

Where is everybody? Am I the only one here? Hmn, mabe I will steal Tototootototrrrooo!

Ces said...

Today is Friday.
Tomorrow is Saturday.
I am aiming for 200.
I shall return after I find my full dentures. It is very difficult to talk when one is toothless.

Ces said...

Hmmmn! I found my dentures. Now I feel better and I can recite
She sells, seashells by the seashore.

Yes, 130. I will stay awake so I can comment every hour...

Ces said...

Good morning!

Ces said...

Today is August 1st!

Let me be the first one to say Happy August!

August is my favorite blog month - specifically August 16th!

Ces said...

Today is August 2nd.
I hope you had a most lovely day!

Ces said...

Hey!
Today is Tuesday!
This is One three four,
I ought to be outa da door!

Ces said...

One three five!
I caught a fish alive!
Today is Wednesday.
How are you doing today?

Ces said...

One three six
This comment you can't nix
Unless you from Fort Dix
then anything, you can fix.
This is really lame.

Ces said...

One three seven
A little piece of heaven
Your blog, on earth
Full of mirth.
My rhyming still pathetic.
Reach for an anti emetic.

Ces said...

One three eight
Sorry, I woke up late
And made you wait
Or was I early
At four thirty?
Sleepy beauty
Needed rest
To get rid of the cootie
On her chest!!!

Tsup!
Tsup!!!

Ces said...

One three nine
It's almost nine
If you're home
I"ll ring your phone.

Ces said...

Hahaha!!!

And this is my private playground!!!

And there is no curfew!!!

Hahaha!

Ces said...

I am inside a teen and young adult clothing store...the music is atrocious!!! The sales people have red and orange hair and the mothers are standing in the corner waiting...

Ces said...

Now I am in another store and the music is still atrocious...but the clothes are fun!

Ces said...

Showering only permitted under my supervision. I love summer vacations. Correction: I love vacations.I love shoes.
I love acorns. I love oak leaves. I love clothes. I love peaches. I love peachie-ohs. I love the epsilons and teens. I love my husband. I love the forest. I love drawinf acorns. I love you.

Ces said...

I hate small buttons.

This blog is my own private playground!!!

TsupTsupTsupTsupTsup!!!

Dinnertime!

Ces said...

One four five
I am happy to be alive!
My head
Gently cradled in my own bed.
Soon I lay me down to sleep,
My sisterfriend, Forever, I will keep.

Ces said...

0ne four six
i am still in low fowler's position
i need to fix
coffee...
i am zero
my mind is blank
i will try to think of something clever later...

Ces said...

One four seven
I got out of bed at eleven
then went back to bed
because my back hurt.
Still zero in the rhyming department.
HAHAHA!

Ces said...

What happened to August 10th and 11th? Today is the 12th and tomorrow is the 13th!

Giuseppe Bianco said...

Thanks for sharing this story with everyone. You are a lovely person with the amazing gift of storytelling via words, images or both. Have a great summer. Looking forward to more posts in the Fall.

Ces said...

One fifty!
So nifty!

Ces said...

One fifty-one
Gliding like a swan.

Ces said...

당신은 아주 아름답다.

Ces said...

すばらしい!

Ces said...

Вы красивейши!

Ces said...

I wonder if these translations are really correct?

Kay Aker said...

Poignant and lovely!

Ces said...

Kowabungga Dude! I got splattered by honey while I was at a meeting.

DING!
DING!
DING!
DING!...

One smile after another!!!

I love you sisterfriend.

Happy Anniversary!

TSUP! TSUP! TSUP! TSUP!

157

Ces said...

Kowabungga Dude! I got splattered by honey while I was at a meeting.

DING!
DING!
DING!
DING!...

One smile after another!!!

I love you sisterfriend.

Happy Anniversary!

TSUP! TSUP! TSUP! TSUP!

157

Ces said...

There is an echo in here. It is not my fault. The count is now 159.

Ces said...

Make it even and it will be heaven - 160

Ces said...

161
You are the one!

Ces said...

162
My lines and squiggles are for you.

Ces said...

162
My lines and squiggles are for you.

Ces said...

Drats! What is going on!
164
It's you I ador-io!

Ces said...

165
I am alive.
A gem?
You are THE gem.
If I were a gem I want to be sapphire
Deep blue through and through
Or ruby
Red and fiery
But what about diamond?
I want to cut through some glass.
Just don't make me be that fake diamond, what do call that imitation diamond? Can't think of it...
You are a true diamond!

Ces said...

Back at you! Plus 1...

TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP TSUP!

Ces said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! I was mistaken! I visited you on the same day!

Ces said...

Your pencil drawings are fantastic!!!
August 16, 2008 8:47 AM

Ces said...

Ces said...

This was one of the best days in my life! I met you!.

May 2, 2010 10:08 AM

Ces said...

Get some ZZZZZZZsss. TSUP!

Going home now. TSUP!

Ces said...

well, wouldn't you know. I have been trying to get home and finally managed to do so today.

Do you agree, there are some people in our lives whom we met and they end up being so important and we just adore and love them and can't sufficiently thank them or give thanks for them enough?

TSUP! TSUP! TSUP! TSUP!!!!!

Ces said...

August 20th!

Do you know what day it is today? Do you know? Do you even know???

I hope you do!

TSUP!

Ces said...

Nope! Nothing about peaches!!!

Ces said...

My beloved Provost Nymph! YESSSSSSS!!! A purse full of acorns. The Quercus rubra. They are now brown and starting to come off the cups. I need to put them inside one of my jewel boxes. A snake, really? Wouldn't that be scary? I mean, what if one leaps are you and worse hurl itself into your pocket? Wouldn't you be in trouble? Beware of snakes offering apples...

Ces said...

It's August 24th,
And this is 174th!

Have a great day.
I hope everything goes your way.

My baby is a high school freshman today.
Hep hep hooray!

Ces said...

Okay, what about this:
One seventy five
I am alive.
You are my friend
To the very end.

Ces said...

1-7-6!

It is now 2 past 6!

A walk.

But first a message:

Aah, you know it takes a certain individual whom we have the honor to meet once in our lives. That individual brings out the best in us. It is that individual, who rather than avoid the negative things or traits and avoid the "Do Not", instead makes us actively pursue the "Do". I have the honor of meeting such a friend, one who makes me strive to "Do" and "Be" and it is my honor to do so!

Still talking about Science Fair.

Greer is where the best peaches in the world are found!

TSUP!

Ces said...

1-7-7

Friendship is heaven.

Even if her name is not Beavan.

Ces said...

1-7-8

I am late.

I need to be at the gate.

Ces said...

1-7-9

I will have to toe the line

My bladder is not fine.

Soon I will be spilling you-rine!

Ces said...

But not before 1-8-0!

You truly are my hero!

TSUP! TSUP!!!

Ces said...

1-8-1

I am not 100 and 1

and therefore my depends are not as heavy as bricks. In fact, my beloved friend, I DO NOT wear depends!

Ces said...

1-8-2

I believe in you!

Ces said...

1-8-3
My friendship with thee
Fills my heart with glee!

Ces said...

1-8-4
If I am not at the door
a minute more
The Viking will be sore.

Ces said...

1-8-5
But where the heck is he? He told me to be ready in 2 minutes and he is nowhere to be found. Aha! I hear footsteps! Bye! Tsup! Later!

Ces said...

1-8-6
This stink I have to fix
Perhaps a shower?
For I don't smell like a flower.

Ces said...

1-8-7
We are even
Your name is not Beaven
Neither is mine Steven.

Ces said...

1-8-8
Old ladies were fishing
Worms for bait
They were using.

Ces said...

1-8-9
There was a long line
Of women ith butts like giant po-ta-to
They look like they ate too many bu-rri-to!

Ces said...

1-9-0
I have a glass of fruit smoothie
Even tho
Later I will have to pee.

Okay, that's really lame.

Ces said...

1-9-1
I wish there was a number that rhymes with "stink"

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-2
I am the other fellow
If you pronounce fellow like some other Filipino
It will rhyme with two.
I kid you not.

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-3
I am free
Not in that sense.
The kind that does not make you tense.

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-4
Forget rhyming.
I love you.

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-5
You are the most interesting, wonderful, terrific, lovable, friend in my whole life

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-6
You are a beautiful, smart, gifted, eloquent, fabulous, pretty, attractive, intelligent woman.

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-7
It will be heaven
When I scream 3-oh-oh!

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-8
Ooooooooohhhhhh!

Skye Scraper said...

1-9-9
I am getting sooooooooooo excited!

Skye Scraper said...

Oh wait, this is 2-oh-oh
Not 3-oh-oooooooohhhhhhh!

«Oldest ‹Older   1 – 200 of 1015   Newer› Newest»