Thursday, December 11, 2008

Spread the Love. It's BOGO Award Time!


Can't get blue sheep out of my head. A little while back, I read a story about a farmer in the UK who dyed his male sheep blue so that he could see which ewes might become pregnant. But being the rowdy bunch that they are, the dyed rams starting fighting with the au-naturale rams, and they all pretty much ended up blue. Brings new meaning to the term spread the love.

Story here.




Looky looky! Two for the price of one! Bee, the philosophical creator of uber-cute critters, gave me the pink Kreativ Blogger Award recently. And soon after, TattingChic, whose incredible lace and wit often tie me up in knots, presented me with the blue Kreativ Blogger Award. Thank you so much, ladies. Gorgeous awards. Kind of make you want to run out and buy scrapbooking paper, don't they?

Gosh. I think ALL of you deserve these awards. But I'm going to play by the rules this time and list six. I think it takes tremendous creative energy to post frequently, so I'd like to present these awards to bloggers who keep me inspired and entertained with lots and lots of wonderful posts:

1. Soulbrush
2. Yoon See
3. Diana Evans
4. Dot at Dabbled
5. Ces and Her Dishes
6. Aimee at Artsyville

Rules, shmules.
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award
3. Nominate 5 blogs for the award. (or 6, you make the call)

14 comments:

aimee said...

that ewe story is hilarious! it makes me wonder, how on earth do people come up with these ideas? thanks for the award - your posts keep me so uplifted that i must nominate you in return, right here on the spot.

TattingChic said...

LOL! That is a very funny story! I did pop on over to the BBC link and read about the blue sheep!

Congrats on your awards! You deserve both of them! I had forgotten that there was a pink one, too!

palma tayona said...

hi there bella! thakns for visiting my blog. i just have one 'complaint' when i am surfing your blog...

you make me fall my chair laughing! hahahaha...

cheers!

Xavier Salomó said...

I LOVE Santa with Yeti...
Congratulations! It's really cool

Ces said...

That's hilarious. I am surprised the animal rights activists did not protest for treating the animals as mating objects!

Thank you dear Bella for the awards. You sweet thang, you're a darling.

Holly said...

Congrats on the awards!

As to the sheep, I have worked with sheep when I did my NVQ in Animal care. We used to have a weird harness thing with a coloured crayon attached to the Tup's chest to do the same job...

I like sheep, but goats are better ^-^!

Diana Evans said...

Hi Bella!!!

thank you so much for being so sweet!!! You have made my day with these and I wish you a wonderful weekend filled with inspiration and creativity!!!

Hugs
Diana

Raluca C said...

Congrats for awards!
he,he,heee!!What an image must have been to see all those blue sheeps!Very psyhedelic:))!
Best of wises and a nice week-end!

Peter Breese said...

Great sheep my friend! Dig the story and congrats on the awards - you have a wonderful blog going!

Juan said...

I really like your blue sheep, Bella!!
Wonderful illo and funny story.
Congrats on the award!

Amy C said...

oh my, what a crazy blue sheep story

esque said...

Congrats on your awards!

Blue sheep have brightened my day :)

yoon see said...

Thanks for this award Bella.
You are so generous and kind person.
You are a super cheerer in all circumstances.
You always do a little bit more than you should, making your illustration so amazingly beautiful and meaningful.
Thus, you are the one should deserve all these awards. In turn you pass on & share.
Thanks. I love you....I love your smile.
I can imagine you from your artworks and words.

platitudinal said...

The story is funny, but I laughed the loudest when I got to the part where the farmer with the brilliant idea refused to give his real name. :D

Bella, with your wonderful talent and marvelous creativity ... you deserve all the awards coming your way!