Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tag-a-licious


Tag, I'm it again! Terrifically talented paper-whiz Carli has challenged me to come up with seven random facts about myself. Judging by how hard I had to think about this one, I've determined that I'm a pretty boring person. Ok, here are my seven facts:

1. A long time ago, a boyfriend ran me over with a car. Well, no, calm down, it wasn't that bad. I was getting in the back seat, and my boyfriend thought everyone was already in the car, so he began to drive away. I was halfway in and halfway out. Unfortunately, the tire pinned my toes to the ground, but my body kept moving with the car, and my knee became dislocated. That boyfriend is now my husband.

2. Speaking of my husband, he proposed to me two months after we met. But we waited seven years to get married, because it took that long to win my parents over. We've been married 14 years now.

3. I published a book with my advisor, and that book is now, oddly enough, translated into Polish. I only wrote the intro and one chapter. The rest of the chapters were contributed by fellow academics, so it's not all that impressive, trust me. Plus, it's on psychology and probably boring to 99.9% of the world.

4. I donated eggs twice to my sister, and twice it failed. Broke our hearts. But my sister now has a beautiful adopted daughter who couldn't be any cuter or more loving.

5. I've developed an allergy to overripe pineapples. Which is a shame, because I like pineapples.

6. I was in a magazine ad once. This is actually kind of funny. When I worked at an ad agency, there was one account that tried to save money by using photos of employees. It was an ad that showed a lot of sad and miserable people who did not have the product, and a lot of happy and beautiful people who did have the product. They took the pictures and then decided who would fit best in which category. I was one of the sad and miserable people.

7. I used to have my own business making custom, handmade stationery. After about four years in the red, I now know that I'm just terrible as a business person.

That's it. I'm now devoid of interesting facts.

I'm supposed to tag seven friends, but I'm going to leave this open to all of you. If you'd like to tag along, let me know. I'd love to know more about you!

Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post the rules2. Post 7 random facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 friends at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

21 comments:

aimee said...

let's stop this talk of being boring, OK? these are super tagalicious tidbits and i'm having a hard time deciding which is my favorite...i think it's a tie between you posing as a sad and miserable person and your book being translated to polish. such goodies! i enjoyed learning more about you.

p.s. will you please open an etsy shop so i can buy your drawings? i'm in love with this one!

yoon see said...

Hi bella, love your 7 random stories.
You are not boring at all.
Glad that you are fine dispite the accident.
Your boyfriend is your husband now. How sweet!!!
I am doing this tag too because Carli and Dab have tagged me but have to wait for some time....
See you:)

Ces said...

Ooh! Are you kidding?! You are very interesting and I would like to sit down with you for a cup of coffee. You are terrific! However, It it were me, I'd be reminding that boyfriend of mine about that incident...Good grief! Did he feel terrible? Good! I would be interested in your book Bella. My daughter is also allergic to overripe pineapples but not to canned pineapples in dishes. You are very interesting and wonderful. I like you very much!

TattingChic said...

Your illustration is adorable, as always! I think your book on (or rather intro and chapter) on psychology sounds interesting! I guess I'm part of the 0.9% that finds that sort of stuff fascinating, LOL!

esque said...

Bella, you are too funny! And not boring at all! I love your anecdotes, especially the one with your husband pinning down your toes!

It's so much fun learning about you because you are so cool!! :)

krisztina maros said...

i enjoyed your stories about you. so interesting and much fun :) i also love psychology - and whether i want it or no - i'm always analysing everyone, everything and everywhere (only in my head of course). story about you and your husband is so romantic, congrats to you! i wish you so much nice years together!!!

ValGalArt said...

I enjoyed your tag truths :) the illo is adorable!

Edrian Thomidis said...

I really enjoyed reading about your 'not so know facts', and they are not boring at all!
Your story about your husband was quite interesting! Thanks you for giving us an opportunity to know you a little more.
I was tagged too, but I still have to come up with my 7 facts...

Thanks for sharing!

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

I'm sitting here laughing out loud! You are so very funny. I just read your comment left at my blog. I wish I had thought of that! Hilarious I tell you!! I'm still wiping my eyes!!! I love the hearing more about you. How interesting and enlightening as well. You should write a book as far as I'm concerned! " My life as Bella Sinclair" I would by a couple of copies and I would see the block buster hit! You're Fabulous Bella!

Flying Colors said...

Oh Bella this is most interesting, all of them...
My God thank goodness you didn't lose your toes, legs, sounds terrible and painful.
Glad you are married now and happy!
You drawing is wonderful and so sweet. Wonderful with children :) Have a great week!

platitudinal said...

Bella, this is a sweet, touching, and funny post at the same time. Anyone that can combine those 3 components at the same time cannot yell out the "am boring" cry :)

Bobo said...

This is an interesting and funny post, I'm amazed with your strange romance, and laugh when you were chosen as the miserable person! I'm so touched about the eggs donation also!

You're not boring at all, Bella!

soulbrush said...

i found thses so interesting and now know some (wierd) stuff about you. love the husband(drive over my toes, mess up my knee and i'll marry you bit). pop over to my blog as it is award-giving day today.

isay said...

How can this be boring? I enjoyed reading them and i really like the illustration that goes with your post. i am thinking it is you and your sister.

hey thanks for dropping by.....and best regards

Edrian Thomidis said...

I just had to stop by again, and tell you how much I enjoyed your comment on my blog. You really know how to spread good will. I'll be thinking of you next time I work on my large rectangle.
;)

nancy said...

...if you thought that's boring, whatever would you think of my list, I wonder! lol, your blog is a sure way to catch a smile. :)

Eric Barclay said...

It was fun reading about you. I used to have to be one of the "models" in an ad agency that I worked at. I was crappy-Camero-broken-down-on-the-side-of-the-road guy.

Love your illustration for this post, and your 'wise' submission too.

Kate said...

Love the illustration! And I have to say you are very very forgiving of your boyfriend-turned-husband.

SENTA said...

Oh my you are sooo not boring, this cracked me up...I was laughing out loud! These are just so funny. On the night he proposed to me, my husband gave me a fat lip with a pole while he was trying to put up a pop-up trailer :) I was angry and crying and then he went and proposed...go figure. My sis-in-law knocked out her now-husband's tooth with a golf club (by accident). I guess a lot of us end up marrying the ones who cause us the most pain, HA HA HA! :)

Dusik said...

Hi Bella once again! I am enjoying your blog on blackberry on my way to work and just feel urged to comment on pretty much every post. I have to be honest, your little stories and facts and illustrations inspire me and set a positive mood for the rest of my day. I work at tech support, and I need this shot of "positiveness" to start my day.

I loved your random facts as much as I loved the story about 21 Snowwhites :)))) (I read your blog backwards, sorry).

Thanx again for the good mood and I hope to see more funny illustrations and read more cute stories.... (Hmmmm....this should be vice versa...)

deepazartz said...

WOW! Nice to know something more about you...:)