Tag, I'm it again! Terrifically talented paper-whiz Carli has challenged me to come up with seven random facts about myself. Judging by how hard I had to think about this one, I've determined that I'm a pretty boring person. Ok, here are my seven facts:
1. A long time ago, a boyfriend ran me over with a car. Well, no, calm down, it wasn't that bad. I was getting in the back seat, and my boyfriend thought everyone was already in the car, so he began to drive away. I was halfway in and halfway out. Unfortunately, the tire pinned my toes to the ground, but my body kept moving with the car, and my knee became dislocated. That boyfriend is now my husband.
2. Speaking of my husband, he proposed to me two months after we met. But we waited seven years to get married, because it took that long to win my parents over. We've been married 14 years now.
3. I published a book with my advisor, and that book is now, oddly enough, translated into Polish. I only wrote the intro and one chapter. The rest of the chapters were contributed by fellow academics, so it's not all that impressive, trust me. Plus, it's on psychology and probably boring to 99.9% of the world.
4. I donated eggs twice to my sister, and twice it failed. Broke our hearts. But my sister now has a beautiful adopted daughter who couldn't be any cuter or more loving.
5. I've developed an allergy to overripe pineapples. Which is a shame, because I like pineapples.
6. I was in a magazine ad once. This is actually kind of funny. When I worked at an ad agency, there was one account that tried to save money by using photos of employees. It was an ad that showed a lot of sad and miserable people who did not have the product, and a lot of happy and beautiful people who did have the product. They took the pictures and then decided who would fit best in which category. I was one of the sad and miserable people.
7. I used to have my own business making custom, handmade stationery. After about four years in the red, I now know that I'm just terrible as a business person.
That's it. I'm now devoid of interesting facts.
I'm supposed to tag seven friends, but I'm going to leave this open to all of you. If you'd like to tag along, let me know. I'd love to know more about you!
Here are the rules:1. Link to your tagger and post the rules2. Post 7 random facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 friends at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog