Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tears of Joy


I've been incredibly blessed this week. I think my heart has grown ten sizes. I received a wonderful award from four people whose blogs I absolutely adore and whose art I constantly ooooh and aaaaah over: Edrian Thomidis, Kathy Hare, Linda Sarah, and Erin. Thank you, from the bottom of my now overgrown heart. I honestly just feel like a girl with a pencil and a lot to learn, but you've made me feel extra special and inspired. I'm deeply honored.

I also have a special update. I told my friend Arlene about the picture I drew of her and all the wonderfully thoughtful wishes she has received from around the world. My voice was shaking with emotion as I told her, and she was so touched by the response that she shed a few tears. She would like me to thank everyone who has offered words of encouragement and support. So, Thank You!


* * * * *



Quick sketch: We're still in Arizona for a few more days, enjoying the dry heat. We've been frequently visited by large yellow paper wasps that come down to take a sip from the pool. They're perfectly harmless, but my girls get a little freaked out. Man, they're big! This is a wonderful photo of a paper wasp taken from this site.


Have a wonderful day, and thank you for visiting!

7 comments:

kathy hare said...

the hippo really made me smile.. thankyou for such a lovely thankyou :)
the wasp thing just makes me shudder, I'm not good with stinging insects.. :( your children's faces say it all!

aimee said...

oooh congratulations! i can't wait to check out their work. enjoy your last few days in AZ. i miss that heat (did grad school at ASU). best of travels back home; maybe you'll get a fun doodle out of it along the way :)

Edrian Thomidis said...

What a cute hippo! You have such a way with words, I just have to thank you for that wonderful thank you!

I'm glad you are enjoying Arizona. We've been trying to stay dry during our run in with Fay in FL, but luckily, no floods or tornadoes to report in my area! :)

travelandsing.com said...

Oh, oh, OHHHHH! I have fallen in love with this little hippo and little pink swirly cake. Thank you so much for this beautiful thank you!! And I LOVE the little paper wasp and his striped straw too - your work is amazing!!Wishing you a magical Sunday and a week filled with plenty of fun and many pencils and lots of huge sheets of billowing paper:-)

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

This is so sweet. I too love the hippo and the little cake. How cute is this. Congratulations!!!! You deserve it! I'm so proud of you! Your are simply AMAZING, Bella!

Kate said...

Love the illustration of the kids and the paper wasp. I have to tell you, though, paper wasps DO STING! One stung my hand as a child. One of the most painful stings ever. Yowza!

Ces said...

Today is August 20, 2010!!! TSUP!