Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wow, gosh, an award!


I woke up this morning, went to my computer, and was absolutely floored by a wonderful, wonderful surprise. I've been nominated for an award! It was even more touching, knowing that it was from artists whom I wholeheartedly admire and aspire to be like one day: Eric Barclay, Edrian Thomidis, Roberta, and Carli. I am humbled by their art. Thanks, guys, you really did make my heart sing and cry at the same time -- in a good way.

The rules of accepting are as follows:-

1) Put the logo on your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4) Add links to those blogs on yours.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blogs.


*sigh* It was so hard to whittle my list of nominees down to 7. There are so many artists who inspire me, so many who are deserving of awards. Well, the rules say "at least", so I'm going to push it and add an 8th.

And 9th.

I could add to this list forever, so here goes before it goes on forever:

Connie Martin
Linda Sarah
Raluca C.
Ms. Froggie
Juan Carlos Frederico
May Y. Chan
Deborah Ross
Alberta & Ava
Bee

Please visit their sites and be prepared to be awed by their fantastic talent! THANK YOU!

8 comments:

linda sarah said...

Bella, BIG congratulations to you - you truly deserve this award - your work is FANTASTIC and beautiful and fun and delightful:-) Wishing you a wonderful creative day with many dancing words and images, linda

ms. froggie said...

hiya, bellllllaaa!!! thanks so much! your purple moustachio will be forever inspiring to me! (boys just don't think about moustaches...they'll get em sooner or later so, all the more special on a little girl!) :))

xo froggie

Deborah Ross said...

Bella, congratulations!! Your work is insightful and funny. And.....thank you for nominating me. ME. Insignificant me. Wow. You are so kind to do that and I really am honored. Can you help me with transferring the logo? Will you email me please?

Juan said...

Many thanks, Bella. I really appreciate the gesture :)
I love your work!!

MayY . C 五月媽媽 said...

Bella
I really really appreciate your nomination! You Make my day! a hard work day too!

Bee said...

Hi Bella, thank you so much for the award and your kind comments, I am really touched you considered my blog. I always enjoy visiting your blog with such wonderful and skillful illustrations to enjoy. You have a great talent and offer real inspiration :)

Connie said...

Bella! What a total and happy surprise. First of all, I'm really pleased you like my site, since at my stage (OK, age) it is important to me that my work entertains now! My 'career' paths are not very long. Initially I thought I'd have to get my list together of my 'winners' right away, but it occurred to me that I'd miss sites later in the week. Know that I am 'on the case' and delighted with your interest.

Raluca C said...

Thanks so so much Bella,was a real surprise to see your message and nomination and I must tell you I´m so touched that I hardly find the right words:)).So sorry for such a late answer back!Now I´m affrait is a bit late to follow the steps you presented in this message...I´ll make a try:))
Have all the best wishes and a sunny summer for you and all dear to you!!!