Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My Babies


Having drawn pixie babies earlier this week, I was inspired to draw my own babies.
This is Nona, my first baby. She's not so much a baby anymore. She's nine now. We recently went to Tokyo Disney, and she wanted to buy a Cheshire Cat hat. I made a comment about how she would probably never wear it anywhere else, and she's determined to prove me wrong. Sometimes she wears it as a nightcap to bed to keep her head warm.

And this is Emma. She's the real pixie. She's six years old, but she still wears size 4T. In Tokyo, advertisers stand on the street and hand out useful things, like a packet of tissues with their ads on it. Last summer, we were handed these large paper fans (it gets mighty hot and humid here). Emma took two and started furiously flapping across the room at full speed. Then she'd take a huge leap onto the couch and breathlessly exclaim than she had honestly been flying.

10 comments:

Edrian Thomidis said...

These are so wonderful! I love Emma's expression of delight and how her hair is moving with the wind. Nicely done. Great Job!

esque said...

I love the cheshire hat story and drawing! Very beautiful and detailed!

van dyke said...

Now THESE are sure cute. Love the poses, and expressions! So cheerful. Wonderful!

TattingChic said...

Those are so cute and they each tell a story, too. How sweet.

Eric Barclay said...

These illustrations are adorable. I really love the expressions and the poses.

studio lolo said...

You draw adorable children!! (My dog's name is Emma. I love that name!)

Raluca C said...

oh,this is a sweet,sweet story with so sensible illos!!You made my day!!And I think your babies are lucky to have such a wonderful mother!!Love it!!

krisztina maros said...

beautiful drawings about your children!

Flying Colors said...

Adorable Pixies you have Bella :)
Beautiful spirits captured...
I so enjoy your work!

Ces said...

Oh last one for the day. These are the most darling illustrations. Your love is so evident! Tsup!

More later!

Tsup!